Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hi! You found us! Welcome to the MomCheck Blog! I'm honored to be the first contributor to post to our blog, and you'll find I will probably be the most frequent. While each of us will bring our own voice to the blog, our common thread, besides being moms, is working. The majority of our posts will be aimed at moms (or parents in general), and a large portion of those will also be of particular interest to working moms (working outside or inside the home).

My particular blog, From the Desk of Mom, will try to have at its core basic snippets of info for working moms - how-to's, links to good sites, commentary on the state of working motherhood today, etc.



Odds are that you won't find this blog for many months and will then bookmark it and begin enjoying current posts, but eventually in your spare time, you'll journey backward to see how it all started; thus, the first post is nonessential other than having the distinction of being the first post. Therefore, for my first post, I thought I'd just repeat my Bio and add a few more thoughts to it.



Who am I?



I am a mom who kisses her precious one goodbye every morning and heads to an office for a day full of adult conversation and spit-up-free clothing. For this, I receive the title of Employee, and a paycheck.



I am also a mom who looks at the world and says, “I can make it better,” and heads off to the home office in the wee hours to talk marketing strategies, and how to attract VC’s. For this, I receive the title of Entrepreneur, and a percentage in a (future) successful startup.



And last, I am also a mom who cares for, teaches, disciplines, and unconditionally loves her child, waking him up each morning and reading him stories every night. For this, I receive the biggest reward of all – the title of Mommy, and unlimited hugs.



And in my spare time I juggle feral cats.



Just kidding, but my life is sometimes just as treacherous. I am proud of all my titles. While I may not be juggling feral cats, I am juggling all of my roles. At any given time, one must take priority over the others, and from my desk, I keep close tabs on things to ensure I always have all three up in the air, and no balls have dropped.



Wish me luck, but more importantly, come along for the ride.

No comments: